Blueair’s products all have a consistent design, quality construction, and good noise ratios that satisfy every demanding customer. Both Blueair 403 vs 405 are the best air purifiers that are designed to fit beautifully in every house corner. No doubt you find it’s hard to pick one between them.
But worry not! I’m here to give you a full comparison of the two machines. Check out this table and find your most important information about considering an air purifier.
Differences Between Blueair 403 vs 405
In terms of design, both air purifier comes with a sleek and elegant construction that would fit every house décor. The durable steel cover gives users’ house a more modern and luxurious vibe that can last for several years. For the aesthetic value, Blueair 405 is only available in one color of steel-white while the 403 air purifier has two-color options – white and grey.
The Blueair 403 and 405 have the same dimensions but weigh differently, which is 33 pounds and 31 pounds, respectively. Due to this reason, both air purifiers aren’t suitable to carry or move around. They are not compact but very easy to use.
The design for filter replacement is convenient. You only have to open the back door and slide out the air filter. After that, you remove the old filter from the HEPA and replace it with the new one. And you’re done!
The only difference between these two products’ design is the control system. While the 403 model uses the classical friendly button to control, Blueair 405 is controlled by the Blueair Friend App from the smartphone. Since I’m a technological geek, Blueair 405 gains more of my favor.
The two products can clear the air for rooms up to 400 square feet. However, Blueair 405 purifies bigger and faster mid-size rooms. 405 air purifier verifies room size of 434 sq. ft and the 403 model rates only at 370 square feet.
Its delivery rate of clean air in the 405 model is 1.25 times higher than the Blueair 403. It takes about 300 cubic feet per minute of the 405 model to clean the air, while the 403 can only clean for 240 cubic/minute.
The more, the better. Our winner is clearly Blueair 405 model.
By applying HEPASilent Technology to the works, Blueair 403 vs 405 can clear 99.97% of all airborne pollutants down to 0.1 micron in size. Both models use only one filter and users might want to purchase an extra layer of carbon filtration, called SmokeStop, to remove odor and smoke.
The filter system in both air purifiers are exactly identical; therefore it’s hard to point out the winner in this round.
Noise and Energy Consumption
On the other hand, the energy consumption of the two products is different.
Having a purifier model like Blueair 405 vs 403 in your house will not disturb you from sleeping. For both products, the lowest noise level is 32db while the highest setting is 52db. Users of the 405 model can run the machine 24/7 without worrying about its energy consumption since it takes only 15-90W. The consumptions of Blueair 403 vary from 35 to 80 watts.
I’m totally on the Blueair 405 side!
Quick Rundown of Blueair 403
No products found.
- Compatible with room of 430 square feet
- Work with smartphone and Alexa
- Less energy consumption
- Very Pricey
- Blueair App sometimes gets bug
Quick Rundown of Blueair 405
- Battle allergies, asthma and hay fever with HEPAsilent technology which leverages electrostatic charge and mechanical filtration to deliver true HEPA performance capturing 99.97% of air airborne pollutants including dust, mold, pet dander, pollen. SmokeStop filters, sold seperately, provide an extra level of carbon filtration to remove odors and smoke cause by wildfires.
- Certified clean air delivery rate (CADR) of 180 cubic feet per minute with a superior, 5 air changes per hour
- 3 fan speeds including whisper quiet operation allow you to breathe and sleep easier without disruption
- Wifi enabled for control through your Blueair friend app and Amazon Alexa compatible
- For medium rooms between 300 square feet 400 square feet (AHAM rated at 434 square feet) such as small bedrooms, small living rooms, kitchens and offices
- Kill 99% of particles
- Purify the air faster
- Cheaper price
- Smell is disturbing
The Bottom Line
Blueair products are one of the best air purifiers in the market; however, if you hope to extend your research and decision, how about consider other models from Coway Airmega?
That’s how our review article of Blueair 403 vs 405 has come to an end. I hope after reading this, you can find your winner. As for me, I would like to have a modern air cleaner which can clean the big space of the atmosphere but does not consume a large energy. Therefore, my choice is totally on Blueair 405.
Hot Topics You May Love:
- Winix 5500-2 Vs Honeywell Hpa300 – The Best Air Purifiers You Should Know!
- Honeywell Hpa300 Vs Blueair 211: Which is Better for a Large Room?
- IQAir HealthPro Plus vs GC Multigas – Which Offers More Value For Money?