Is it difficult to choose between Bonavita BV1901TS vs BV1900TS?
Of course it is. The two models have a lot of things in common, which makes it confusing to tell them apart, let alone picking one.
Do not worry; I got your back. Read my 2-minute guide and you will be able to find out which Bonavita coffee maker wins in the blink of an eye.
Differences Between Bonavita BV1901TS Vs BV1900TS
Design and Convenience
There is little difference between Bonavita BV1901TS vs BV1900TS in the design. At first sight, they are exactly the same coffee maker with a transparent water resevoir on the left with a filter basket, a carafe on the right.
But if you look close enough, you can recognize one difference. While the Bonavita BV1900TS comes with a filter basket attached to the carafe, its competitor does not. The 1901 version features a hanging basket that is separate from the carafe. You can even see the coffee dripping into the carafe. That will be fun to watch, right?
Each version has its own pros and cons, though.
Having a tightly sealed carafe keeps your coffee deliciously warm for a while, but it is quite difficult to clean. Meanwhile, you will find it convenient to clean the separate carafe and basket. Nonetheless, if you forget to close the lid of the carafe after brewing, it may cool down quickly.
Let’s move on to the dimensions.
Both Bonavita coffee makers have a dimension of 6.8 x 12.4 x 12.2 inches with a weight of 6.13 lbs. They are quite compact and lightweight, so that you do not need to worry about them taking up too much space on the kitchen countertop.
In this round, the winner depends on your preference. Do you want a coffee maker that always keeps your coffee warm or the one that is easy to clean?
The Bonavita 1900TS has an edge over its competitor when it comes to capacity. It has a 1.7 L stainless steel carafe that is capable of making from 8 to 12 cups a day. Meanwhile, the carafe of 1901TS can hold up to 1.3 L of coffee, but it only makes 4 to 8 cups daily. This is not a good news for coffee addicts. But on the bright side, the reduced size tends to keep your coffee warm for a longer period of time.
It is obvious that the Bonavita 1900TS wins this round for capacity.
Features and Accessories
The 1901TS and 1900TS have a lot of shared features. For example, they both have the auto-off function that turns off the machine automatically after brewing. This feature comes in handy if you are an absent-minded person who often forgets to shut off the coffee maker while it is not in use.
Likewise, the two coffee makers come with an optional pre-infusion mode, which is ideal for brewing freshly ground coffee. In this mode, the maker wets the ground coffee before brewing to maintain its rich flavors.
Also, the one-touch operation makes it convenient to operate both Bonavita coffee makers. You can quickly brew your coffee at the touch of a button.
There is one advanced feature that only the 1901TS offers. It is the audio indicator, which tells you when the machine finishes brewing your coffee and you should close the carafe to maintain the temp. No guesswork anymore!
The 1901TS is the winner in this very aspect, hands down.
Quick Rundown of Bonavita BV1901TS
- Performance coffee brewer makes an 8-cup carafe in about 6 minutes
- Powerful and precise 1500-watt heater maintains an optimal brewing temperature between 195°-205°F
- Optional pre-infusion mode mimics the artisan pour-over brewing method by pausing the water flow allowing the coffee grounds time to bloom
- Showerhead design facilitates even saturation of coffee grounds
- Audible signal when brewing cycle ends
- Convenient audio indicator
- Improved heat retention
- Auto shut-off function
- Short power cord
- Small thermal carafe
Quick Rundown of Bonavita BV1900TS
- One-touch brew operation with auto-off
- Carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead are dishwasher safe
- Powerful and precise 1500-watt heater maintains optimal brewing temperature of 195°-205°F (91°-96°C)
- Optional pre-infusion mode wets freshly roasted ground coffee to allow degassing before brewing
- Flat-bottomed filter basket and larger showerhead allow for even better saturation and uniform extraction
- Lightweight and compact
- 1.7 L stainless steel carafe
- Auto shut-off function
- A bit hard to clean
The Bottom Line
This is the end to my comparison between Bonavita BV1901TS vs BV1900TS. You can tell that the two products are mostly similar, except for some differences in the capacity and features. Personally, I favor the 1901TS due to its improved heat retention as well as separate basket and carafe. Isn’t it fun to watch the coffee dripping?
Check out my comparison of Delonghi Esam3300 vs Breville BES870XL here.
Thanks for reading. Stay tuned for more informative posts.
Hot Topics You May Love:
- Breville BES870XL Vs BES920XL: Is The Later Version The Better?
- Breville Bes870bsxl Vs Bes870xl: Which One Is Worth Your Money?
- A Quick Comparison Of Breville BES870XL Vs BES860XL
- Jura Z8 Vs Giga 6: Read On And Know The Differences
- Miele CM6350 Vs Jura E8: A Battle Between Two Famous Brands