You have to pick one between Breville BES870XL Vs Delonghi EC9335M?
That is a pretty hard task, to be honest. Although the two come from different brands, they have a lot of features in common. But once you are here, you can find out the winner with much ease. Just read my comparison below.
Differences Between Breville BES870XL Vs Delonghi EC9335M
Design and Convenience
Both BES870XL and EC9335M are semi-automatic coffee makers, so they have a mostly similar design. Looking at both products, you probably notice the bean hopper first. At the front, there are a number of buttons as well as a timer. The dual spouts lie in the middle for your convenience. The best thing is both models look sleek and stylish. No matter what you choose, each model will spice up your kitchen countertop.
Let’s move on to the dimensions.
The Breville BES870XL measures 13.25 x 12.5 x 14.5 inches and weighs 23 pounds. Meanwhile, its competitor has a dimension of 14.48 x 12.48 x 13.98 inches with a weight of 29.7 pounds.
Although the dimensions are roughly the same, the Delonghi product is heavier than the Breville. Nonetheless, weight does not really matter when buying an espresso machine since you do not move it often.
All in all, it is a draw between Breville BES870XL Vs Delonghi EC9335M in this round.
Again, you cannot decide which one wins between EC9335M vs BES870XL based on capacity.
This is because two coffee makers have the same capacity. To be specific, they both feature an 8 oz bean hopper along with a 67 oz water tank.
Hopefully, the set of features will help you out.
Features and Accessories
Both products stand out with precise temp control, but each uses a different method. While Breville relies on a PID system, its competitor is equipped with two independent heating systems for optimal coffee extraction and milk texturing. The dual heating elements also come in handy as it allows brewing and frothing milk at the same time.
Likewise, each coffee maker has its own way to grind coffee. The BES870XL allows you to adjust the amount and size via dial. On the other hand, the EC9335M uses sensor technology. Apart from delivering precise grinding and optimal dose for espresso, it makes sure you never run out of beans while grinding. Great!
The Delonghi EC9335M has an edge with some extra convenience features.
For example, it boasts the 1-second quick start function. No additional heat up time is needed. This espresso machine is ready when you are.
If latte is your favorite beverage, you should definitely choose the La Specialista EC9335M. Owing to its advanced latte system, you are able to make the perfect latte with your froth style, either microfoam or rich foam. With the Breville unit, you can hand texture microfoam milk with the built-in steam wand.
Last but not least, you can greatly benefit from its self-cleaning system. It will clean and rinse the machine regularly, keeping your entire device clean.
It is obvious that the Delonghi EC9335M wins in this round.
Quick Rundown of Breville BES870XL
- The Breville Barista Express delivers third wave specialty coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the Barista Series that offers all in one espresso machines with integrated grinder to go from beans to espresso in under one minute
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING: Integrated precision conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: The powerful steam wand performance allows you to hand texture microfoam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
- Sleek overall design
- Built-in burr grinder
- Auto shut-off function
- Expensive water filters
Quick Rundown of Delonghi EC9335M
- Sensor grinding technology: Exclusive segsing technology delivers precise, consistent grinding and the optimal dose for espresso, every time. Plus, the bean sensor ensures you’ll never run out of beans while grindin
- The smart tamping station: Simply pull the lever to tamp the ground coffee with the right pressure for perfect results. There’s no need to remove the portafilter, so you get to enjoy a mess-free experience, for Espresso Made Right(TM)
- Active temperature control with dual heating system: The best temperature stability for optimal coffee extraction and milk texturing. One thermoblock for extracting coffee and an independent heating system for steaming milk or frothing
- Advanced latte system: Micro-foam frothing for Latte Art or rich froth for cappuccino. Just place your cup under the spout and select flat or foam. Now, you can enjoy your flat hot milk, or the perfect foam to express your latte art creativity
- 1 second quick start: Power the machine on, grind and tamp your dose, then immediately brew authentic espresso – no additional heat up time necessary
- 1-minute quick start function
- Sensor grinding technology
- Advanced latte system
- High price tag
The Bottom Line
My Breville BES870XL Vs Delonghi EC9335M comparison has shown that these two coffee makers are well matched. They have similar designs and capacities. Only the features can help you decide which one to pick. The EC9335M comes with a lot of features that are ideal for anyone who has money to spare and want something convenient. If you are not one of them, you can go for the BES870XL. It is well worth your money. Personally, I like the Delonghi brewer due to the advanced latte system.
Read my comparison of BES870XL with other brewers in the same series here.
Thank you for reading until the end. Do not forget to like and comment.
Hot Topic You May Love:
- Delonghi Esam3300 Vs Esam04110s Reviews and Comparison
- Breville BES900XL Vs BES920XL: A Full Comparison And Guide
- Breville Bes870bsxl Vs Bes870xl: Which One Is Worth Your Money?
- Breville BES870XL Vs BES920XL: Is The Later Version The Better?