Need a guide of Delonghi Esam3300 vs Breville BES870XL? You are in the right place.
Although they come from different brands, Esam3300 and BES870XL have some features in common. That makes many people confused when choosing between the two coffee makers.
I will solve the concern for you with the detailed comparison below. Read on.
Differences Between Delonghi Esam3300 Vs Breville BES870XL
Design and Convenience
Coming from two different brands, the Esam3300 and BES870XL boast noticeably different designs. Both look sleek and stylish, though.
Every feature of the Esam3300 slides discretely inside the machine, giving way for an appealingly neat design. Meanwhile, its Breville competitor has the bean hopper placed right on top.
Personally, I like the Delonghi product a bit more due to the neat design. But if you are new to brewing coffee and want something user-friendly, you should go for the Breville.
Let’s go into detail.
The Delonghi Esam3300 measures 11 x 15.3 x 14.4 inches and weighs 23.1 pounds. Meanwhile, the Breville BES870XL has a dimension of 13.25 x 12.5 x 14.5 inches with a weight of 23 pounds.
There is little difference in the specifications of two coffee makers. They both have a compact footprint that saves much space on your kitchen countertop.
The key factor that makes BES870XL win is its stainless steel coating, which is more rugged compared to the ABS plastic construction of Esam3300.
Between Delonghi Esam3300 vs Breville BES870XL, the former has an edge. In particular, it owns a 8.8 oz bean hopper along with a 60 oz water tank. Meanwhile, the BES870XL comes with a slightly smaller bean hopper of 8 oz. Its water reservoir has a capacity of 67 oz.
I give the nod to the Delonghi Esam3300 due to its large bean hopper.
Features and Accessories
If you may not know, these two models belong to different genres of espresso machines. To be specific, the Esam3300 is a super automatic coffee maker, while the BES870XL is classified as semi-auto only. Nonetheless, Breville equipped the 870 model with a lot of convenience features, which make it comparable to the Esam3300.
Both models feature integrated burr grinder, which makes grinding coffee a breeze. The ground beans will go directly to the filter for your preferred taste.
The bean container and water tank are entirely removable for easy maintenance.
The best part about the Breville BES870XL is probably the accurate temperature control. Due to the PID system, the machine can adjust the water temp precisely to ensure optimal espresso extraction. This is a unique feature present in all Breville coffee makers.
Meanwhile, the Esam3300 stands out with the double boilers. If you are a coffee addict who drinks a lot of milk-based beverages in a day, you will be thankful for having a second boiler. On top of that, the instant reheat makes it convenient to drink warm coffee at any time you want.
One feature that the Delonghi product offers but Breville does not is the telescoping coffee spigot, which produces high-quality crema. It makes an ideal home barista for you.
So which one wins between Breville BES870XL vs Delonghi Esam3300?
As a super automatic coffee maker, the Delonghi Esam3300 boasts a variety of advanced features, making it the winner this time.
Quick Rundown of Delonghi Esam3300
- FRESH ESPRESSO FOR EVERY CUP: The professional burr grinder with 13 adjustable settings grinds fresh beans every time to ensure maximum freshness. You can also use pre-ground in the second chamber. Your choice of regular, specialty or decaf.
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY: A manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.
- CONSISTENT BREWING EVERY TIME: Each cup is automatically brewed to the perfect temperature, richness and density. And you can customize the settings to ensure its always just the way you like it.
- EASY TO CLEAN AND HANDLE: The compact, extractable brew unit is not only easy to clean, it self-adjusts for one or two shots of espresso.
- DELICIOUS CAPPUCCINO AND LATTE: The adjustable manual Cappuccino System mixes steam and milk to create the thickest, longest-lasting foam for your cappuccino. And it’s easy to adjust the levels to prepare a creamy latte, macchiato or flat white.
- Appealingly neat design
- Large bean hopper
- Dual boilers and instant reheat
- Noisy grinder
- Plastic coating
Quick Rundown of Breville BES870XL
- Precise temp control
- Auto shut-off function
- Newbie friendly coffee maker
- A bit hard to clean
The Bottom Line
My comparison between Delonghi Esam3300 vs Breville BES870XL has come to an end. The ultimate winner is the Esam3300 due to its diverse set of features and large capacity. But for a barista wannabe, Breville BES870XL is a more suitable choice.
Personally, I like the Esam3300 as I already have some experience in making coffee and want something advanced and convenient to use.
You can read my article about Moccamaster 59616 vs 59691 here.
Thanks for reading. Do not forget to like and subscribe to me.
Hot Topics You May Love:
- Breville BES870XL Vs BES920XL: Is The Later Version The Better?
- Delonghi Esam3300 Vs Gaggia Brera: Pick Your Fighter
- Breville Bes870bsxl Vs Bes870xl: Which One Is Worth Your Money?
- A Quick Comparison Of Breville BES870XL Vs BES860XL
- Breville BDC650BSS Vs Cuisinart DGB-900BC: Full Comparison
- Breville BES900XL Vs BES920XL: A Full Comparison And Guide