Jura Giga 5 vs Giga 6 are similar in most ways, from the design to the brewing technology. It is understandable since they are manufactured by the same brand of Jura, and belong to the same Giga series. But still, there are differences that help you tell them apart.
Find out everything you need to know about Giga 5 and Giga 6 in this article.
Differences Between Jura Giga 5 vs Giga 6
Design and Convenience
I will start from the design of each product first.
The Jura Giga 5 measures 20 x 17 x13 inches and weighs 40 pounds.
Meanwhile, the Giga 6 has a dimension of 18.9 x 16.3 x 12.6 inches with a weight of 39.7 lbs.
I know what you are thinking. These two models are quite heavy and bulky for a home coffee maker. But you do not often carry it elsewhere, right? Just place the machine on the countertop and you are good to go. Such sleek Jura gadgets definitely make a stylish addition to your kitchen.
Not only the measurements but also the designs of Jura Giga 5 and Giga 6 are roughly the same. They both have a color display and dual spouts on the front. The color of silver and aluminum also looks almost identical.
Thus, it is a draw between Jura Giga 5 vs Giga 6 in this round.
The Giga series consist of high-capacity espresso machines; Giga 5 and 6 are no exception. They have the same tank which holds 87 ounces of water and two bean hoppers, each of which has a capacity of 9.8 ounces
It is no use comparing Jura Giga 5 vs Giga 6 in terms of capacity since they have the same water reservoir and bean container. But features and accessories can help you, so let’s move on to the next part.
Features and Accessories
The Giga 5 and Giga 6 have a lot of features in common.
As said above, both products come with two spouts for hot water and coffee/ milk, both of which are height-adjustable. For added convenience, there is a splash guard as well as a light. The water tank is removable so that you can clean and refill it at ease.
With Jura Giga 5 and 6, you not only get dual spouts but also dual bean hoppers and grinders. This means you can make tasty coffee blends from two types of beans.
Of course, these two cannot miss the Pulse Extraction Process technology and Intelligent Pre-Brew Aroma System, which are the unique features to all Jura espresso machines. Therefore, you can rest assured about aroma preservation and extraction time of the coffee makers.
Giga 5 and 6 totally rock when it comes to customization. Although the machine brews two drinks at a time, you can always customize each cup to fit your taste via 3 levels of hot water and 5 levels of coffee strength. The amount of milk foam is adjustable, too.
Fortunately, Giga 6 comes with one improvement that makes it the winner. It is the built-in artificial intelligence, which optimizes your experience with this espresso machine. To be specific, the AI system works to analyze your favorite settings to customize the drink recipes and brewing levels to suit your taste. Impressive!
Quick Rundown Of Jura Giga 5
- Fast and quiet as a whisper thanks to two ceramic disc grinder | Pure, clean lines for a unique, sovereign character
- Product dimensions – 12.6” W x 16.3” H x 18.9” D | Weight – 39.7 lbs. | Water capacity – 91.5 oz. | Bean container capacity (x2) – 9.88 oz. | Coffee grounds container capacity – 20 portions Max | Cord length – 59” | Voltage – 120V, 60 Hz
- Create your specialty Coffee in no time thanks to a TFT display with rotary selection
- Now you can become a professional Barista in a flash, with 12 imaginative Barista specialties selected with a turn of the rotary switch
- The epitome of quality – doubled with the combined power of two grinders and two heating systems, the machine prepares every specialty Coffee to perfection
- Professional-looking design
- Dual spouts, bean hoppers, and grinders
- Great adjustability
- No milk container
Quick Rundown Of Jura Giga 6
- Construction: Constructed using top quality materials and with Swiss precision, the GIGA 6 features clear design with radiate power and expertise. The impressive quality of this automatic coffee machine is emphasized by the solid front section made of 3 mm-thick aluminum and the substantial aroma preservation cover made of chrome-plated, die-cast zinc
- Wireless Connectivity: The J.O.E. (Jura Operating Experience) brings amazing operation to your smartphone or tablet. Equipped with Smart Connect, the GIGA 6 wirelessly syncs to J.O.E. via Bluetooth
- Touchscreen Color Display: This completely intuitive coffee machine is easy to operate, thanks to the large 4.3" high-resolution touchscreen color display and the Blue Crystal Rotary Switch. This coffee machine features a self-learning algorithm that identifies each user’s personal preferences and adapts the Start Screen accordingly, showing two, five or eight preferred specialties
- User-Friendly Functions: It offers 28 different specialties to choose from to the coffee lovers. This machine offers 5-star handling even during cleaning and maintenance with the artificial intelligence and the ingenious design. This coffee machine prepares coffee and hot milk / milk foam simultaneously to create flawless trend specialties
- Includes USA Manufacturer Guarantee
- Built-in artificial intelligence
- Dual spouts, bean hoppers, and grinders
- A lot of drink options
- Sky-high price tag
The Bottom Line
After reading the comparison of Jura Giga 5 vs Giga 6, you can tell that it is hard to choose between them based on design and capacity. You should make a decision considering the features. If you want a smart espresso machine that will cater to your taste, go for the Giga 6. Personally, I like the Giga 5 better as I want to save a few bucks.
Thanks for reading.
The Related Article