Are you feeling confused about Jura S8 Vs J6?
A lot of people are in the same situation. Since the two coffee makers are pretty similar regarding design and features, many have a hard time choosing between them.
Let me keep your worries at bay with the detailed comparison below. Read it, and you can pick the winner with much ease.
Check it out.
Differences Between Jura S8 Vs J6
Design and Convenience
Look at both coffee makers and what comes to your mind is probably the similar design. The two come with a built-in display, a milk frother, as well as two spouts. If I need to point out any clear difference, it must be the arrangement of the frother. It stays on the right side of the J6, but the left side with the S8.
I will tell you one more thing.
Although the Jura S8 and J6 both have a display, that of J6 is not a touch screen. That means it only shows you the settings, and you need to adjust them via buttons. Only the Jura S8 allows you to customize the coffee strength and volume by touching. Of course, having a touch screen offers more convenience than using the buttons.
Do you want to know the exact dimensions of each product?
The Jura S8 measures at 13.7 x 17.3 x 11 inches and weighs 22 lbs. Meanwhile, its competitor has a dimension of 13.5 x 17 x 11.2 inches with a weight of 24 lbs. Needless to say, the specifications are roughly the same between two coffee makers.
What decides the winner here is the touch screen. I mean, the winner in this section is the Jura S8.
What about capacity?
The Jura S8 and J6 do have different capacities, but the differences are not huge.
To be specific, the S8 boasts a 10 oz bean hopper, whereas it is 9 oz with the Jura Impressa J6. A 1 oz gap does not amount to anything, right?
When it comes to water tank capacity, the J6 wins with a 7 oz margin. It owns a reservoir that can hold up to 71 oz water, while that of S8 only keeps up to 64 oz.
What really makes a difference between Jura S8 Vs J6 here is the milk tank.
The Jura J6 features a built-in milk compartment, while its competitor does not. The milk tank offers maximum convenience since you do not need to use a separate container to the machine to make delicious milk froth.
I give the nod to Jura J6 in this round.
Features and Accessories
Between Jura S8 Vs J6, which one has more features?
The answer is none. The two come with quite alike set of features, including built-in grinder, frother, hot water system, self-cleaning program, water level indicator, etc.
They offer a similar menu of beverages as well, from latte, latte macchiato, cappuccino, espresso, ristretto, to flat white and espresso macchiato. There is no tea making function, though.
Some special features that you can enjoy with Jura J6 and S8 are JURA Fine Foam technology and Pulse Extraction Process. These combine to ensure the most flavorful coffee brought to you.
In fact, the Jura S8 has more programs than its competitor, about 15 vs 13. Nonetheless, this does not make a huge difference.
Quick Rundown of Jura S8
- ONE TOUCH: Prepare 15 barista quality specialties including espresso, coffee, cappuccino, flat white and latte macchiato at the touch of a button
- PERFECT ESPRESSO: Ultimate coffee quality thanks to JURA's exclusive Pulse Extraction Process
- CONICAL BURR GRINDER: Fast and precise AromaG3 grinder grinds whole beans to the optimum fineness
- : JURA is always freshly ground, not capsuled - fresh taste with very limited waste - single serve machine
- CAPACITY: 64 ounce water tank, 10 ounce bean container
- Compact footprint
- Convenient touch screen
- A lot of drink options
- No built-in milk tank
Quick Rundown of Jura J6
- Fine foam technology. Frequency is 60 hz
- Tft display and the rotary selection
- Jura Coffee app compatible
- Optional cool control milk Cooler (Extra cost)
- CLEARYL smart I.W.S. Filter cartridge
- Sleek and stylish overall design
- Built-in milk compartment
- Great set of features
- No touch screen
The Bottom Line
Between Jura S8 Vs J6, there is no ultimate winner. The S8 wins in the design section but loses regarding capacity, while it is a draw when it comes to features. Which one to choose depends on your priority. Personally, I like the S8 more due to the touch screen.
Thank you for reading. Do not forget to like and subscribe.
If you want to read more comparisons between coffee makers, click here. My next article is about Jura J6 vs E8.
Hot Topics You May Love:
- Jura E8 Vs S8: Why People Love The E8 More
- Jura Ena 8 Vs E8: Most People Love The E8 For These Reasons
- Jura Giga 5 Vs Giga 6: Which Espresso Machine Is Your Fighter?
- Jura A1 Vs Ena Micro 5: What They Offer And How They Compare
- Jura E8 vs We8: The E8 Wins For These Reasons
- Jura A1 vs Ena Micro 1: A Complete Guide