Are there any differences between Moccamaster 59616 Vs 59691?
Yes, of course. But is it hard to know them?
Not at all. As you are here, you can find out differences between the two models in a blink of an eye. Just read the following article until the end.
Differences Between Moccamaster 59616 Vs 59691
Design and Convenience
The same series of the same brand, the Moccamaster 59616 and 59691 have an almost identical design. You will have a hard time telling them apart at first sight.
The whole design looks sleek and stylish. Every feature is visible to our eyes; for example, you can see the clear water reservoir, brew basket, and the glass carafe. There is no control panel since there are few buttons and switches.
It does not stop there.
The two models have the same specifications, measuring 14 x 12.75 x 6.5 inches and weighing 6 pounds. This is pretty compact for a modern espresso machine. You do not need to worry about it taking up much space on the kitchen countertop.
The only difference in the designs of the two products lies in the color options. While the 59691 model only comes in brushed silver coating, its competitor is available in a lot of colors, including fresh green, grape, pink, satin, to name but a few.
Due to the wide variety of colors, the 59616 hands down wins this round.
Even the capacity is the same as Technivorm Moccamaster 59616 and 59691. Both feature a 1.25 L carafe that can hold up to 10 cups of coffee. That should be enough even if you live with some coffee addicts.
It is a draw between Moccamaster 59616 vs 59691 this time.
Features and Accessories
Features are probably the most important factor when you want to buy a gadget in general and a coffee maker in particular.
I will begin with the shared features first.
Both products boast a copper heating element that rapidly heats water to control brewing temp between 196 to 205 Fahrenheit degrees.
Connecting the water reservoir with the brew basket is a 9-hole outlet arm. It works to distribute hot water evenly through nine holes to ensure maximum coffee extraction. This is a feature unique to the series of coffee brewers by Technivorm Moccamaster.
Beneath the glass carafe, there is an onboard hot plate with adjustable temperature. It allows you to heat the carafe quickly to have a deliciously warm coffee every time you want. Rest assured that the coffee is kept at a suitable temp that does not burn your tongue. The hot plate is designed to automatically shut off after 100 minutes not in use. Alternatively, you can turn off the plate manually via the switch at the bottom of the heating element.
The 59616 and 59691 brewers have a similar set of features, except for the drip stop.
The Moccamaster 59616 comes with an auto drip-stop feature, which automatically shuts off when the water tank is empty. Meanwhile, its competitor offers three drip-stop settings, namely wide open, half-open, and shut. Thus, you can tune the coffee to fit your tastes with much ease.
Having an adjustable drip-stop feature is a lot more convenient, so I give thenod to the 59691 coffee maker in this round.
Quick Rundown of Moccamaster 59616
- Perfect Coffee Every Time: This pump-free coffee maker heats water to the correct temperature for coffee extraction
- Easy to Use: The Moccamaster brews a full 40 oz pot of coffee in 4-6 minutes using one switch
- Quiet and Safe: The Moccamaster KBG quietly brews your coffee and automatically turns off after 100 minutes
- Quality Materials: Moccamasters last a lifetime. We use BPA/BPS/BPF and Phthalate free plastics and durable stainless steel and aluminum
- Delicious Coffee and Peace of Mind: Moccamaster coffee brewers have a 5-year warranty
- Sleek and stylish overall design
- Compact footprint
- Unique copper heating element
- Thin glass carafe
Quick Rundown of Moccamaster 59691
- Product 1: Manual-adjust drip-stop brew-basket with glass carafe. Watts: 1475 Watt
- Product 1: Simple to operate and quiet brewing process that brews a full carafe in just 6 minutes. Volume-1.25 Liters / 40 oz / 10 cups. Dimensions- Height- 14 H inch,Width-12.75 W inch, Depth-6.50 D inch
- Product 1: Unique, copper boiling element rapidly heats water to control brewing temperature between 196 to 205 degrees Fahrenheit which is important for coffee soluble extraction, then automatically switches off when the water reservoir is empty
- Product 1: Made with durable metal housings and BPA/BPS/BPF & Phthalate free plastics
- Product 2: Oxygen whitened cone paper filter
- Lightweight and compact
- Three drip-stop settings
- Onboard hot plate with adjustable temp
- Limited color option
The Bottom Line
After reading my comparison about Moccamaster 59616 vs 59691, now you know everything about the two products. If you want something colorful to spice up your kitchen, you should go for the 595616. Meanwhile, if you want more convenience, the 59691 is ideal. I like the drip-stop settings, so I will also opt for the 59691 coffee maker.
Check out my review of Breville BES870XL vs Delonghi EC9335M here.
Thanks for reading. Please like and subscribe for more intriguing coffee news!