When talking about food processors, we can’t eliminate SharkNinja – one of the most trustworthy home devices and appliances US brand. Ninja BL770 vs BL494 has been the talk of the town for many years due to its versatile, smart technology and durable construction.
But between these two heavy-duty blenders, which one fits more to your kitchen corner? Worry not! You and I are about to find out by going through each of their features, capacity, design, and noise.
Comparison between Ninja BL770 vs BL494
The Nutri Ninja BL770 model is one of the classic SharkNinja gadget that is still available in the market. The design has nothing special to mention except for the bulky and durable vibe it gives to buyers.
This heavy construction is due to the large motor power that can crush any tough ingredients with no trouble. The BL770 food processor is relatively straightforward and does not comply with any smart programs like timer or presets. Its panel contains only 6 simple buttons of which four of them are the speed blendings, and the other two are the on/off and pulse button.
To prevent slippage, the manufacture design four suction cups and a sturdy motor base of 9.2 lbs. For such an effective machine, this weight is still acceptable and portable. The only problem is its dimensions. With 9.4 inches width, 8.3 inches depth, and 17.9 inches height (with container), users will have to store in on a spacious cupboard or a kitchen countertop.
As for the design of Nutri Ninja BL494, this machine has smaller dimensions and lighter weights to its competitive model. The 17.25 x 8.25 x 7.5 inches and 8.3 pounds compact blender is definitely more portable and convenient to store.
However, I’m not really a fan of this BL494’s construction. Instead, it might be confusing for beginners due to the arrangement of buttons.
The five programmed modes are connected to the Auto-iQ Boost, which can either give your recipe a smoothest possible result or make it more texture. You will also know if the process is completed when the digital timer located in the top middle of the control panel counts down to zero. No more guesswork or inconsistency recipe, this model allows users to create whatever meal they want.
Even though I don’t favor the design of SharkNinja BL494 much, I have to admit its features make me rethink twice. But still, as for the design category, I will choose BL770 as the winner.
Wattages and Capacity
The Ninja BL494 food processor is built with great technology and materials; however, its watt motor power is not as robust as the Nutri Ninja BL770 machine.
The BL770 motor base produces 1500 watts, making a lot more noise, but its lifetime is longer than any models in the market. Its competitor – the BL494 food processor – comes with a 1200 watt motor only.
With a stronger watt base, the machine speed is improved, which crushes difficult ingredients more effectively.
The capacity of two Ninja blenders are similar, except for the single-serve cups. The BL494 single-serving jars are 24-ounce while the other model comes with 16-ounce cup sizes. For other containers, they share a 72-oz pitcher and a 64-ounce processor bowl (8-cup bowl).
As a person who prefers to have a sustainable and long-lasting machine, I will go for a Ninja BL770 food processor. In fact, I’m quite competent with the 16-ounces cup. Sometimes, it’s not always “the more, the better.”
Cleanup and Noise
Good news! All of the Nutri Ninja Professional blenders are dishwasher-safe! You don’t want to waste lots of time disassembling, cleaning, and then assembling all the machine’s parts after each time using, do you?
Regular cleaning might damage the product’s lifetime in the long term, too. Therefore, I recommend to speed up the drying process so that the containers, lids, and blades on the machines can maintain longer.
On the other hand, the two powerful motors show no difference in noise while being tested. If users stand 15 inches apart from the device, the sound of BL494 might be lower. But it’s not surprising for a lower wattages machine.
The weaker motor power will create less noise than the more robust machine. For customers who have noise sensitivity, it’s better to consider other options. But for me, I will stick to my favorite Ninja Blender BL770.
Quick Run Down of Ninja Blender BL770
- 72 ounce total crushing pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies; 2 horsepower
- Eight cup food processor bowl provides perfect, even chopping and makes up to 2 pounds of dough in 30 seconds
- Two 16 ounce Nutri Ninja cups with to go lids are perfect for creating personalized, nutrient rich drinks to take on the go
- Dishwasher safe and BPA free parts
- Includes: 1500-Watt Motor Base, 72-Oz. Total Crushing Pitcher, 8 Cup Food Processor Bowl, Dough Blade, (2) 16-Oz. Nutri Ninja Cups with To-Go-Lids
- Dishwasher safe parts
- 1500-watt motor base
- 16-oz single-serve cup
- No presets
- Bulky design
Quick Run Down of Ninja Blender BL494
- Ninja Auto-iQ kitchen system with Auto-iQ boost allowing you to truly customize your drink-making experience.
- Nutrient & Vitamin extraction combines with Pro Extractor blades assembly to break down whole fruits and veggies for refreshing, full-bodied nutrient juices
- High-performance blending combines with the blender powerful blades to crush through frozen ingredients and ice for cool smoothies and shakes.
- 72 ounce (64 ounce Max Liquid capacity) blender pitcher with total crushing technology allows you to crush ice to snow in seconds.
- Includes: 72 ounce Blender pitcher, 40 ounce Blend & prep bowl, chopping blade, dough blade, (2) 24 ounce Tritan Nutri Ninja cups, Pro Extractor blades assembly, (2) SIP and seal lids, instruction book, 30-Recipe inspiration
- 5 programmed settings
- Auto-iQ Boost Technology
- Confused arrangement in the panel control
- No touchscreen display
The final result is here! The winner between Ninja BL770 vs BL494 is…Ninja BL770! The reason behind this result lies in its uncomplicated design yet impressive motor power. Instead of being overwhelmed by all the high tech settings, comparing the Nutri Ninja BL770 model with the BL494 personal blender only makes this food processor stands out.
It’s time to invite your friends over and show them how to make the right healthy smoothies with your new SharkNinja machine!
Hot Topics You May Love:
- Ninja BL770 vs BN801: Grinding All Your Needs
- Ninja BL770 vs BL780: The Two Versatile Athletes
- Ninja BL660 vs BL610: What Will You Get From The Classic Gadgets?
- Ninja BN701 vs BL610: Spoil Your Family With BN701
- Ninja BL910 vs BL770: High-Tech vs Robust Engine