Blender or food processor has been the essential tool that every homeowner craves to have. If you’re looking for the one, I believe Ninja BL770 vs BN801 can be your right choice.
Both blenders are very welcomed and suggested on the market by buyers since they’re versatile, modern, and reasonably priced. These smart blenders will never fail customers if we genuinely understand their functions, capacity, and design. Dive right in and have a full comparison of these Ninja food processors.
Comparison between Ninja BL770 vs BN801
SharkNinja BL770 is one of the brand’s original Kitchen Appliance and System that has gained great favors from buyers. The blender has a stealthy black finish style that provides the customer’s kitchen corner with a simple yet classic gadget.
At the first look, the construction of BL770 is very bulky due to its powerful motor base and simple buttons on the panel control. There is nothing high advanced technology in the machine that gives itself a sleek design. However, users love this clear and straightforward form, which allows them to operate efficiently.
The power and pulse buttons stay on the top of the panel control, stressing them as the machine’s essential features. Below are the variable speed settings of dough, blend, crush, and a single-serve button for drinks on the go.
BL770 blender originally has black and grey color options; however, only black machines are available on the market now.
With the dimensions of 9.4 x 8.3 x 17.9 inches and 9.2 lbs weights, its machine is built sturdy and stable with four suction cups. These legs will avoid slippage while blending tough ingredients.
As for the design of Ninja BN801, this machine has similar dimensions and weights to its competitive model. However, it might eliminate the bulky feeling and gain more interest from users by the Auto-iQ feature.
Instead of designing large buttons like the BL770 model, Ninja BN801 arranges four main blending speeds as the small buttons below the five preset programs. Besides, it has a timer which is located in the top middle of the control panel. This feature tells users how much time is left for each of the modes.
The structure is easy and straightforward, not confusing even the beginners. That’s the reason why I prefer model BN801 for the design.
Wattages and Capacity
Even though the Ninja BN801 food processor has a more sleek silhouette design, its watt motor power is not as robust as the BL770 machine.
While the BL770 motor base has 1500 watts, the BN801 food processor comes with a 1400-watt motor. However, both of the devices’ wattages will leave you no worry about their longevity of them.
A lower wattage model tends to wear out easier and makes much more noise. It also seizes or stops working if they encounter hard ingredients or items.
As for the two Ninja blenders’ capacity, they share a 72-ounce pitcher, a 64-ounce container (8-cup bowl), and single-serve cups with spout lids. The only difference between Ninja BN801 vs BL770 is the size of the single-serve cup. The BL770 has two cups of 16-ounce plastic jars, while BN801 has 24-ounce cup sizes.
With the XL blendings like 72- and 64- oz pitchers, users can easily prepare for a family of up to 8 people. The choice varies from crushing ice to large batches of frozen drinks, soup, fruit desserts, or smoothies.
You can determine the winner by considering which factor between wattages and capacity is more important for your family. If the motor base is more important, please go for the stronger one – a BL770. But you can choose the model BN801 for the bigger size single-serve cup.
To be honest, the wattage shouldn’t be the reason to make the BN801 fall behind its competitor.
Cleanup and Noise
Unlike other devices like juice makers or personal blenders, these two food processor models are dishwasher-safe. Simply disassemble all the machines’ containers, lids, and blades and wait for the dishwasher to do its job. Such a hassle-free cleaning process!
Do you know the more powerful the motor base, the louder noise a machine will get? Surprisingly, the BL770, which has better motor power, makes the same noise level as the weaker motor base. At the max speed, BN801 and BL770 blenders create a 95 dBA level of noise.
Now, 95 decibels is certainly quite noisy, and some might think it’s unacceptable for a machine. But you shouldn’t expect a food processor that can crush chunks of ice cubes in less than 30 seconds to make a soft sound.
I believe it would be wiser if we go for the more powerful machine which can blend faster at a 95 dBA. The quicker the gadget, the less duration of noise we have to suffer, right?
Like I have mentioned in the design section, the BN801 food processor is equipped with unique functions. They are the Auto-iQ technology and a programmable timer.
With the help of 5 presets, you can let the device automatically program the time for smoothies, nutrient drinks, ice crushing, chopping, and mixing cookie dough. This feature helps the customer save a considerable amount of time, especially suitable for a morning person.
If you want to follow your own recipes, the timer function is truly a time saver. No more guesswork; this feature helps you narrow down the possibility of variations and give you total control over blending.
Quick Run Down of Ninja Blender BL770
- POWERFUL CRUSHING: The 72-oz. Total Crushing Pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies with a powerful 2-plus horsepower motor. (64-oz. max liquid capacity).
- FOOD PROCESSING: 8-cup food processor bowl provides perfect, even chopping and makes up to 2 pounds of dough in just 30 seconds.
- 4 VERSATILE FUNCTIONS: All 4 functions – Blend, Mix, Crush and Single-Serve – utilize 1500 watts of performance power to truly customize your drink-making experience.
- ON-THE-GO CONVENIENCE: Two 16-oz. Nutri Ninja Cups with To-Go Lids are perfect for creating personalized, nutrient-rich drinks to take on the go.
- BLADES FOR ANY RECIPE: Stacked Blade Assembly for the pitcher, Dough Blade and Chopping Blade for the processor bowl, and Nutri Ninja Blades for single-serve cups.
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Powerful motor base
- 16-oz single serving jar
- No timer
- Bulky design
Quick Run Down of Ninja Blender BN801
- MORE FUNCTIONALITY: The Ninja Professional Plus Kitchen System with Auto-iQ features a new modern design and more functionality than Ninja's original Kitchen System. (Versus BL770 based on the number of available blending programs.)
- POWERFUL CRUSHING: Ninja Total Crushing Blades give you perfectly crushed ice for your smoothies and frozen drinks with 1400 peak watts of professional power.
- FOOD PROCESSING: The 8-cup Precision Processor Bowl provides precision processing for even chopping and smooth purees.
- 5 VERSATILE FUNCTIONS: 5 preset Auto-iQ programs allow you to create smoothies, frozen drinks, nutrient extractions, chopped mixtures, and dough, all at the touch of a button. Extract a drink containing vitamins and nutrients from fruits and vegetables.
- AUTO-IQ TECHNOLOGY: take the guesswork out of drink making with intelligent programs that combine unique timed pulsing, blending, and pausing patterns that do the work for you.
- 5 programmed settings
- Sleek construction
- Dishwasher safe
- Quite noisy
Ninja BL770 vs BN801 are the two distinguished machines that will not fail any users. Each of them has a unique attraction, which satisfies and matters to different types of buyers.
For someone who treasures time more than anything like me, I will choose the Ninja BN801 food processor. With an affordable price, I can get a machine that is not only powerful but also has excellent construction and time-saving features.
The Related Article