Are you having a hard time choosing between Ninja CM400 vs CM401?
I have been in the same situation when the close similarities of the 400 and 401 models confused me a lot. Fortunately, I have figured out which one fits my needs after doing detailed research. I decided to write this comparison to save you some time.
Differences Between Ninja CM400 Vs CM401
Design and Convenience
If you may not know, the CM400 and CM401 belong to the same series of Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker. They have identical designs, which are appealingly sleek and stylish. There are three most noticeable parts, including the swivel brew basket, the transparent water reservoir, as well as the control panel. The buttons and volumes are neatly arranged on the panel so that you can adjust the settings with ease.
About the specifications, both products have the same dimensions of 8.8 x 12 x 15 inches with a weight of 11.7 pounds.
There is no winner this time. Let’s move on to the next round of capacity to see which one wins between Ninja CM400 Vs CM401.
The 400 and 401 coffee makers are able to make up to 10 cups of coffee in a single serve. Its water tank can hold up to 50 ounces of water.
There is one difference in the type of carafe available with each product. While the CM401 has two versions of glass carafe and thermal carafe, the CM400 offers the glass carafe only.
Thermal carafe has an edge over its counterpart as it can keep your coffee deliciously warm even after a while. The glass carafe often comes with an intelligent warming plate for the same purpose, but of course, it cannot compare to the thermal version.
It is clear that the 401 wins this round due to two types of carafe.
Features and Accessories
I am going to compare Ninja CM400 and 401 based on features and accessories.
Actually, both products have the same set of features. The only difference lies in the warming plate. The CM400 comes with a warming plate that stays under the glass carafe to keep the coffee warm. The 401 has the same plate in the glass version, but there is none in the thermal carafe.
I will review the features in detail so that you know more about the two Ninja coffee makers.
First off, both have a built-in hot and cold milk frother, which is foldable for convenience. It saves a lot of hassles when you transport the machine from places to places.
The transparent water reservoir has marked measurements on the front; therefore, you do not need to measure or refill often. It is removable so that you can clean it with ease. Likewise, the Ninja scoop is designed with measurements to tell you how many scoops you need.
Want to know the best part?
The two coffee makers offer six brewing sizes (cup, XL cup, travel, XL multi serve, half carafe, full carafe) and four brewing styles (classic, rich, over ice, specialty) for you to choose.
You can adjust all at the push of a button. Really convenient, right?
Quick Rundown Of Ninja CM400
- Model CM400 / 120V, 60Hz, 1550W
- Pod Free for Less Plastic Waste
- 6 Brew Sizes: Cup, XL Cup, Travel, XL Multi Serve, Half Carafe, Full Carafe. 4 Brew Styles: Classic, Rich, Over Ice, Specialty.
- Includes: Ninja Glass Carafe, Recipe Inspiration Guide, Paper Filter Kit, Fold-Away Hot & Cold Frother, Ninja Smart Scoop
- Single-Cup Brewing w/ Fold Away Cup Platform
- Sleek and stylish design
- Drip stop button
- Fold-away hot and cold frother
- Only glass carafe
Quick Rundown Of Ninja CM401
- SPECIALTY BREW: Brew super-rich coffee concentrate that you can use to create delicious lattes, macchiatos, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse-style drinks.
- ICED COFFEE: Brew fresh over ice for flavorful iced coffee that's never watered down.
- 6 BREW SIZES: Brew anything from a single cup or travel size to a half carafe or a full carafe in your coffee maker
- NO PODS REQUIRED: Up to Dollar-200 in annual savings using grounds vs pods Based on a 2.5-cup daily average consumption of popular coffee brands
- FOLD-AWAY FROTHER: Turns hot or cold milk into silky-smooth froth
- Six brewing sizes and four styles
- Two types of carafe
- Drip stop button
- Noisy operation
The Bottom Line
The 401 wins by a nose in the battle between Ninja CM400 Vs CM401. The only advantage it has over the 400 is the thermal carafe. If you do not drink coffee so often, you can just opt for the Ninja CM400 to save a few bucks. As for me, I am a coffee addict, so I definitely choose the CM401 to enjoy the thermal carafe.
If you want to read more about espresso machines, check out my new post of Bonavita BV1901TS vs BV1900TS here.
Thanks for reading. Do not forget to like and subscribe to me.
Hot Topics You May Love:
- Ninja CM401 Vs CP301: Which One Makes The Best Espresso?
- Ninja CF091 Vs CM401: Which Ninja Coffee Bar Is Better?
- Ninja Coffee Bar CF091 Vs CF097: Which One Is The Winner?
- Ninja CE201 Vs CE251: Which One Makes The Best Coffee?
- Ninja CP301 Vs CP307: Why There Is No Winner At All?