Torn between Ninja CM401 vs CP301?
Many people are in the same dilemma due to the close similarities in design and capacity of the two Ninja coffee makers. Actually, there are still differences that help you choose the more suitable product for your demands.
Want to know which espresso machine is the one you need?
Scroll down now.
Differences Between CM401 vs CP301
Design and Convenience
Ninja coffee makers are known for the sleek design as well as user-friendly control that offers great convenience. The CM401 and CP301 are no exception. They both look visually appealing, which definitely spices up your entire kitchen.
Let’s take a close look.
The Ninja Speciality coffee maker, also known as CM401, has a dimension of 12 x 8.8 x 15 inches with a weight of 13.4 lbs.
On the right side, you can see a transparent water reservoir with marked measurements. Beneath the reservoir is the control panel that you adjust the settings to have the best coffee to your taste.
Meanwhile, the Ninja CP301 measures 12.8 x 11.1 x 16.2 inches and weighs 11.09 lbs. You can see that although it is lighter than its competitor, it takes up more space. And as you do not often move an espresso machine, you should pay more attention to the dimension.
The water reservoir is integrated into the design, so it is not visible like that of the CM401. To the right there is only the control panel. I find it more convenient since the panel is larger and easier to adjust the buttons.
Regarding convenience, the winner must be the Ninja CP301.
Choosing between Ninja CM401 vs CP301 based on capacity is not a wise decision, as the two have the same volume of carafe.
The exact capacity of CM401 and CP301 is 10 cups (50 ounces) of glass carafe. Each product comes with another version of thermal carafe as well.
Features and Accessories
Let’s get back to Ninja CM401 and CP301, but this time, I am going to compare them based on features and accessories. I will start from the shared features first.
Both CM401 and CP301 models come with an integrated smart scoop, which allows you to accurately measure coffee for any size. Also, they have a fold-away frother and a removable water reservoir.
With these two coffee makers, you can choose among six brew sizes, from a single cup to a half or full carafe. The best part? They allow pod-free brewing, which means customized brew and less plastic waste.
The difference that helps you tell CM401 and CP301 apart are the brewing styles.
The CM401 offers four brewing styles of class and rich brew, iced coffee, and specialty coffee. Meanwhile, its competitor comes with five different varieties, including class and rich, over ice, fresh cold brew, as well as specialty. More notably, with the specialty brew, you can pair coffee and tea to create your favorite drinks, from chai lattes to macchiatos. To help you enjoy your cold brew coffee and tea, the CP301 incorporates separate coffee and tea baskets.
Due to more brewing styles for not only coffee but also tea addicts, the CP301 hands down wins this round.
Quick Rundown Of Ninja CM401
- 4 BREW STYLES: Select from one of the four, versatile brew styles: Classic, Rich, Over Ice, or Specialty Brew.
- SPECIALTY BREWS: Brew a super-rich coffee concentrate that you can use to create delicious lattes, macchiatos, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse-style drinks.
- MAKE ICED COFFEE: Brew fresh over ice for flavorful iced coffee that's never watered down.
- 6 BREW SIZES: Brew anything from a single cup or travel size to a half or full carafe in your coffee maker. 6 sizes include Cup, XL Cup, Travel Mug, Multi-Serve Travel Mug, Half Carafe & Full Carafe.
- NO PODS REQUIRED: Use your favorite grounds to create a single-serve coffee—no reusable pod required.
- Easy-to-fill water reservoir
- Foldable hot and cold frother
- Drip stop button
- No tea brewing option
- Noisy operation
Quick Rundown Of Ninja CP301
- Brew multiple brew sizes, ranging from a pod free single cup or travel mug, all the way up to a full Carafe
- Hot brewing lets you enjoy a bold, flavorful cup of hot coffee or tea; Or brew over ice to create full flavored, refreshing iced beverages
- Brew your favorite style of tea, whether you use tea bags or loose leaf, with the specially designed tea brew basket
- Auto IQ one touch intelligence technology
- Built in frother turns hot or cold milk into silky smooth froth in seconds, with nothing more than the press of a button; The thermal Carafe is not dishwasher safe
- Five brewing styles for coffee and tea
- Separate coffee and tea baskets
- Fold-away hot and cold frother
- A bit narrow reservoir
The Bottom Line
The comparison of Ninja CM401 vs CP301 ends here, and the winner is clearly CP301. It offers more convenience with a wide control panel and more brewing styles for both tea and coffee. I am keen on drinking coffee and tea blends, so I definitely go for the CP301. But if you do not drink tea, you can choose the CM401 to save a few bucks.
In case you want to read the comparison between CP301 and CP307, click here.
Thanks for reading.
Hot Topics You May Love: