Many people say between Vitamix A2500 Vs A3500, the A3500 is the better. Is it true? Does it really fit your needs?
The A3500 certainly wins against its competitor due to the advanced features. But whether it fits your needs or not depends on many factors.
Read on to make the right decision.
Differences Between Vitamix A2500 Vs A3500
Design and Convenience
At first glance, the two catch your eyes with minimal designs and black/ silver details. You can see a large container sits firmly on the motor base, and the control panel is at the front of the base. There are only a few buttons on the control panel, which make it effortless to navigate.
On the control panel of the Vitamix A3500, there is a touch screen that allows you to choose the blending mode by touching. Unfortunately, the A2500 fails to offer such a convenience feature. You have to press the physical buttons to adjust the settings.
Which one between Vitamix A2500 Vs A3500 takes up more space?
Actually, the two blenders have roughly the same dimensions. To be specific, the A2500 measures at 17.24 x 8.8 x 8.9 inches, while its competitor has a dimension of 17.5 x 9.4 x 7.7 inches. In addition, the Vitamix A3500 is a bit heavier than the A2500 (14 pounds vs 12 pounds). But a 2-pound gap does not make a huge difference, does it?
Last but not least, take a look at the color options each product offers.
The Vitamix A2500 blender is available in four colors, namely black, white, red, and slate. The A3500 comes with more options, six to be exact; you can choose amongst brushed stainless steel metal, black stainless steel metal, copper metal, black, red, and white. That is a lot to pick, and I love how sleek the stainless steel finish looks.
Despite similar designs, the Vitamix Ascent 3500 wins in this category due to the touch screen. This feature makes controlling the blenders a piece of cake even with beginners.
Both Vitamix A2500 and A3500 boast a 64 oz container. Such a thing is large enough to prepare hot soups or smoothies for your whole family. Also, this container works on SELF-DETECT technology. It means when you put the jar on the motor base, the machine will automatically detect the container and adjust the suitable speed. Really convenient, right? It is great that all Ascent blenders are equipped with such smart containers.
Features and Accessories
I will start with the shared features first.
First and foremost, the two Ascent blenders are designed with a powerful motor that runs at 2.2 HP maximum. Such high-speed motors guarantee to make your recipe in no time. I appreciate that Vitamix equipped its products with a cooling fan and thermal protection to keep the motor cool during operation. That way, you can use the blenders for a long time without worrying about heating issues.
Variable speed is a useful feature as it contributes to making a perfect recipe. Fortunately, the two blenders offer this function. To be specific, each product allows you to choose amongst 10 multiple speeds from the lowest 1 to the highest 10 by turning the knob. In addition, both Vitamix units have the pulse feature, which helps grind the toughest ingredients such as nuts. Also, it comes in handy when you are pressed for time.
Another similar point is the versatile applications. In other words, they are able to make several recipes for you, from chunk-free smoothies, frozen desserts, dough, batter, juices, nut milk, nut butter, to hot soup and beverages. There are many more to go, and you can buy either blender to try it out.
Are you curious about the differences between Vitamix A3500 Vs A2500?
There are three points that set two Vitamix Ascent blenders apart.
The first thing is the digital timer. Although the A2500 comes with a timer, it is not programmable. Only with the Ascent 3500 can you adjust the time as well as manually input a blending time via a touch screen. On top of that, the programmed timer makes sure the blender turns off automatically as soon as it finishes blending the recipe.
More notably, the Vitamix A3500 has more preset programs than its competitor. To be specific, it offers five presets, namely smoothie, frozen desserts, hot soup, dips and spreads. Meanwhile, there are only three preset buttons with the A2500. If you spend much time in the kitchen, you may find the extra presets extremely useful.
Last but not least, it is the touch screen that makes Vitamix A3500 the winner. As said above, it offers ultimate convenience as you can simply touch the screen to adjust the settings. Nonetheless, if you do not mind using physical buttons, the A2500 is still a worthwhile option to take into account.
Both Vitamix A2500 and A3500 are backed with a full 10-year warranty. This is a great improvement as previous Vitamix blenders came with a 5 or 7-year warranty only. Vitamix has lengthened the period in the hope of improving customer satisfaction, so hopefully, you are satisfied with it.
Aside from the machine itself, each package includes a low-profile tamper as well as cookbook.
Quick Rundown of Vitamix A2500
- Program settings: three program settings for smoothies, hot Soup, and frozen desserts, ensure walk-away convenience and consistent results.
- You're in control: variable speed control and pulse feature let you fine-tune the texture of any recipe.
- Built-in wireless connectivity: the motor base is able to read the container size you?ve chosen and automatically adjust program settings and maximum blending times accordingly.
- Digital timer: a built-in digital timer removes the guesswork with recipes you process manually, helping you achieve the perfect texture every time. Electrical Ratings- 120 V, 50-60 Hz, 12 Amps
- Pair with any self-detect containers: add a range of compatible container sizes, building a customized blending system designed to fit your needs.Cord: 4 ft. Use - Household
- Sleek and stylish design
- Large 64 oz smart container
- Integrated digital timer
- No touch screen
Quick Rundown of Vitamix A3500
- Program Settings: Five program settings (for Smoothies, Hot Soups, Dips & Spreads, Frozen Desserts, and Self-Cleaning) ensure walk-away convenience and consistent results. The A3500 pairs with the Vitamix Perfect Blend App: Unlock the Ascent Series A3500's full potential with 17 programs and 500+ recipes with the iOS + Android app.
- Touchscreen Controls give the machine a sleek silhouette and are easily wiped clean.Electrical Ratings - 120 V, 50-60 Hz, 12 Amps. Cord: 4 feet. HP: 2.2-peak
- You're in Control: Variable Speed Control and Pulse feature let you manually fine-tune the texture of any recipe
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity: The motor base is able to read the container size you’ve chosen and automatically adjust program settings and maximum blending times accordingly. Add a range of compatible container sizes, building a customized blending system designed to fit your needs.
- Programmable Timer: A built-in timer helps avoid over- or under-processing your custom recipes. Set the timer to the length of your blend, and it will turn the machine off automatically. What's in the Box: motor base, low-profile 64 oz. container, low-profile classic tamper, Simply Blending Cookbook
- Five convenient preset programs
- Built-in programmed timer
- Touch screen controls
- High price tag
The Bottom Line
It is clear that the A3500 wins in the battle of Vitamix A2500 Vs A3500 due to the advanced features. I often use the blender to prepare foods, so I also choose the A3500. But the Vitamix Ascent A2500 is still a decent option if you do not need such a premium blender.
Thank you for reading. If you have any questions, leave it down below so I can help you. Stay tuned for more comparison posts!
The Related Article