Among a growing variety of air purifiers on the market, designed to improve the air right at home, Winix 5500-2 vs Honeywell Hpa300 are two most popular ones, thanks to the attractive design at first sight and their overwhelming performance.
They both prove to be efficient in purifying the air, removing harming bacteria, yet cost reasonably and affordably. These seemingly similar outstanding features must make you overwhelmed and unable to decide.
Differences Between Winix 5500-2 vs Honeywell Hpa300
Filter exchange is an indispensable step when you own an air purifier, so let’s see whether Honeywell hpa300 and Winix 5500-2 boast straightforward design, allowing you to change filters with much ease.
Both products have a compact design, making it as easy as pie for you to store and set up. However, if you intend to put your air purifier in the living room or the kitchen, where it is noticeable, Honeywell hpa300 is your ideal choice!
It is smaller and available in two colors, white and black. Therefore, based on your home’s décor style, Honeywell hpa300 is more likely to fit in with. Without a shade of doubt, the first round comes to Honeywell hpa300!
- Cleaning technology: PlasmaWave Air cleaning.
This technology is well-known for giving off Hydroxyls, which eliminate the risk of airborne bacteria and viruses. Thanks to that, your family stands a golden chance of experiencing a healthier and safer atmosphere.
- Three main filters
- Washable fine mesh pre-filter: getting rid of larger indoor particles of bacteria.
- Washable AOC carbon filter: designed to reduce VOCs and household odors given off by cooking, pets, etc.
- True HEPA filter: can capture the smallest harmful particles, effectively up to 99.97% of airborne allergens, preventing some of dangerous diseases.
- AHAM Verified: this product has been independently tested to ensure the high quality.
- Two layers of filter:
- A+ Genuine Pre-filter: Like the first layer of Winix 5500-2, this layer is designed to capture large harmful particles and reduce the annoying odors.
- R certified True HEPA filter: impressively capturing up to 99.97% of microscope allergens and microns.
As Honeywell Hpa 300 has fewer filter layers than Winix 5500-2, it is not as effective as its counterpart; therefore, the second-round winner is undoubtedly Winix 5500-2.
While Winix 5500-2 can purify the air in 360 square feet rooms, Honeywell hpa300 is suitable for 465 square feet. For this reason, Winix 5500-2 is suitable for smaller rooms, including bathroom or bedroom, yet Honeywell hp300 is well-suited to even a big living room and an office room!
In terms of the cleaning area, Honeywell hp300 is sure to outperform the other; therefore, depending on your room’s size, you should choose the most suitable one. For example, I put the former in the living room and the latter in the bedroom, and the results are awesome!
Both are designed to operate quietly and create a comfortable environment for users. They seem to record a noise level of between 26.6 and 60+ dB. Specifically, the noise can be like some whispers in the night mode, and a household refrigerator in the turbo mode.
Thanks to this feature, they are well suited to bedrooms and study corners. In this round, the battle finishes in a draw!
- Easy tab control
- Auto-off timer
- Smart sensors
- Auto mode
- Air quality indicator
Flicking through those basic features, I can rest assured that Winix 5500-2 is the winner of this round!
Quick Rundown Of Honeywell Hpa300
- Compact design
- Little noise
- Easy to clean
- Has turbo setting
- Expensive filters
Quick Rundown Of Winix 5500-2
- Smart sensors and auto mode
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Durable and ensures long-term use
- High-quality material
- Quiet operation
- Can give off ozone
After reading through my comparisons between Winix 5500-2 vs Honeywell hpa300, you must see which one is much better than the other. However, if I had a chance to choose, I would opt for Winix 5500-2.
Undoubtedly, the former is superior in most studied aspects and promises an efficient working model, which never lets me down and creates a pure and healthy environment for the whole family.
Nevertheless, it is up to you; therefore, based on your budgets and demands, let’s carefully consider and choose the most suitable one!
- Honeywell Hpa300 Vs Blueair 211: Which is Better for a Large Room?